Choose a celebrity, musician, child star (Demi Lovato, Drew Barrymore, Oprah, Tyler Perry, Mark Wahlberg, Eminem, etc.), who has overcome significant adversity. In a 500-750-word essay, answer the following prompts:
- Briefly describe the childhood experience of the selected celebrity. How did the socioeconomic status affect his/her parents’ behavior?
- Identify risk and protective factors that contributed to the selected celebrity’s resilience and celebrity status.
- Identify ways in which his/her physical and emotional needs were both met and not met.
- Explain how the celebrity’s adverse childhood experience affected their attitude toward parenting behaviors.
- What interventions could have been implemented that might have made a difference?
Cite two to four scholarly resources to support your essay.