- Choose a story from this course that you feel could have a stronger or different ending.
o “The Tell-Tale Heart”
o “The Masque of the Red Death”
o “Young Goodman Brown”
o “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County”
o “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”
o “A Pair of Silk Stockings”
o “The Lemon Tree Billiards House”
- Rewrite the ending imitating the author’s original style and voice.
- Begin your alternate ending with a sentence that appears on the last page of the original short story to transition from the original author’s voice to your own.
- 2 pages, double spaced, correct MLA format
- Creative ending that follows the natural progression of events from the story
- Proper spelling and conventions