19) The marketing communications mix consists of six major modes of communications. Which of the following is NOT one of these modes?
A.Sales promotions B.Advertising C.Personal selling D.Direct marketing E.Packaging
20) New-to-the- world products are ___.
A.new products that supplement established product lines (package sizes, flavors, and so on)
B.existing products that are targeted to new markets or market segments
C.new products that create an entirely new market
D.new products that allow a company to enter an established market for the first time
E.new products that provide improved performance or greater perceived value and replace existing products
21) Price has operated as the major determinant of buyer choice among poorer nations, among poorer groups, and with ____ products.
D.over the Internet
22) Following the ____ approach to target market selection encompasses a strong knowledge of the segment’s needs, a strong market presence, and operating economies through specializing in production, distribution, and promotion.
B.full market coverage
23) A company can add new products through acquisition or development. The acquisition route can take three forms. The company can buy other companies, it can acquire patents from other companies, or it can buy a ___ or ____ from another company.
24) John Kotter’s view argues that management focuses on coping with complexity, whereas leadership focuses on coping with _____.
25) The two general approaches to bargaining are known as ___.
A.distributive and integrative
B.legal and restrictive
C.emotional and rational
D.affective and reflective
E.formal and informal
26) Leadership is best defined as ___.
A.implementing the vision and strategy provided by management
B.keeping order and consistency in the midst of change
C.coordinating and staffing the organization and handling day-to-day problems
D.not a relevant variable in modern organizations
E.the ability to influence a group in goal achievement
27) Which of the following is NOT included in the definition of conflict?
A.something that is cared about
C.disruption of tasks
28) Negotiation can be defined as a process in which two or more parties exchange goods or services and attempt to agree upon ___.
A.a model of the negotiation process for resolving differences
B.acceptable bargaining strategies for obtaining the goods and services
C.effective arbitrators for disputes
D.the monetary value of the exchanged items
E.the exchange rate for those goods and services
29) The traditional view of conflict is the belief that conflict is ___.
30) Which of the following statements about leadership is true?
A.managers are leaders
B.Formal rights enable managers to lead effectively
C.leaders are hierarchically superior to followers
D.Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence.
E.leaders are managers.
31) According to a recent survey, about __ percent of employees working in the 1,000 largest U.S. corporations receive ethics training.
32) Which of the following is NOT a typical written test used in organizations?
33) Between the late 1960s and the mid-1980s, the use of written tests declined because they were characterized as ___.
34) _____ can be used to increase the perception that employees are treated fairly.
C.Documenting with a journal
D.Focusing on subjective evaluations
35) Examples of off-the-job training include all of the following except ___.
36) Which of the following is not a primary force for change in organizations?
A.decreasing skill sets
D.the nature of the workforce
37) Work specialization is the same as ___.
B.division of labor
38) An example of change in the nature of the work force is an increase in___.
B.mergers and consolidations
D.more cultural diversity
39) What term is used for the tendency of an individual to attribute his own successes to internal factors while putting the blame for failures on external factors?
D.fundamental attribution error