Review the Signature Assignment: God’s Story Research Paper Instructions (opens in new window) if you have not done so already.
Part 1: Submit a Project Plan, to include the following:
- Topic – choose one: Moses, Miriam, Covenant, the Decalogue, or the Golden Calf.
- Thesis – what is the central message/argument of the paper?
- Resources – the paper must reference:
- The Drama of Scripture;
- the accompanying topic article found in the course from Dictionary of the Old Testament: Pentateuch;
- two additional sources from the APU Library;
- NOTE: In APA style, classical works – including the Bible – are not listed in the References page. Embed biblical citations within the text as follows: “Then Moses turned and went down the mountain, carrying the two tablets of the covenant in his hands” (Exod 32:15, NRSV). Only indicate the Bible version in the first citation; it is not necessary to identify each citation as NRSV.
- Outline – organize the paper to address the following questions:
- In Exodus/Deuteronomy, what is the significance of the topic (Moses, Miriam, Covenant, the Decalogue, or the Golden Calf) to the story of the Bible?
- What is important to know about the history, culture, and theology surrounding this person or concept?
- What was the original meaning and significance of this person or concept?
- What insights gained could be meaningful for our context today?
- Submit the assignment in Times New Roman 12 point font.
- The Project Plan is 2 pages in length.
- Outline identifies the introduction/thesis statement, at least four main ideas, 3-4 sub-points beneath each main idea, and a conclusion.
- List references in APA format.